Last updated: 15 July , 2022
Please read this agreement carefully before accessing the App from our website or downloading the App from any Appstore.
This end-user licence agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (“End-user” or “you”) and Olio Exchange Limited (registered number 09428660) of 157A Nelson Road, London, England, N8 9RR (“Licensor”, “us”, “our” or “we”) for the licence of our:
- Olio mobile application software and the web-based version of the App (the “App”);
- online or electronic documents (“Documents”); and
- the services you connect to via the App and the content we provide to you through it (the “Services”).
We license the use of the App, Documents and Services to you on the basis of this EULA and subject to any terms, rules or policies applied by any appstore provider or operator from whose site (“Appstore”) the End-user downloaded the App (the “Appstore Rules”). The Appstore Rules will apply instead of the terms of this EULA where there are differences between the two.
Although you may subscribe for our Services, we do not sell the App, Services or Documents to you. We remain the owners of the App, Services and Documents at all times.
By accessing the App or by downloading the App from any Appstore provider you:
- agree to the terms of this EULA which will bind you. The terms of this licence include the limitations on liability in condition 6;
- represent that you are 18 years of age or over and are legally capable of entering into a binding agreement; and
- accept this EULA and agree that you are legally bound by its terms.
If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, we will not licence the App, Documents and Services to you and you must stop the downloading process or your access now.
We recommend saving a copy of this EULA for future reference.
- The terms of this EULA apply to the App, the Documents and the Services, including any updates or supplements to the App, unless they come with separate terms, in which case those terms apply. If any open-source software is included in the App or any Service, the terms of an open-source licence may override some of the terms of this EULA.
- Olio may alter or amend these terms by notifying you by email or via the App. By continuing to use the Services and/or the App after notification, you will be deemed to have accepted any changes or amendment to these terms.
- From time to time updates to the App may be issued through the Appstore. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the Services until you have downloaded or streamed the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms.
- You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of the mobile telephone, laptop or handheld devices (“Devices”) that are controlled, but not owned by you to download or access a copy of the App onto or from the Devices. You and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on the Devices. You accept responsibility in accordance with the terms of this EULA for the use of the App or any Service on or in relation to any Device, whether or not it is owned by you.
- By using the App or any Service, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send using the App or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
- The App or any Service may contain links to other independent third-party websites (“Third-party Sites”). Third-party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
- Any words following the terms “including”, “include”, “in particular” or, “for example” or any similar phrase in this EULA shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the generality of the related general words.
- Any words used but not defined in the EULA shall have the same meanings as set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Grant and Scope of Licence
- You may:
- download, install, access and use the App for your personal, non-commercial use on a single Device owned or otherwise controlled by you strictly in accordance with the App Documentation and this EULA.
- access, download and use on such Device the Content and Services (as defined in Section 10.1) made available in or otherwise accessible through the App, strictly in accordance with this EULA and the Terms and Conditions applicable to such Content and Services as set forth in that section.
- Licence Restrictions
Except as expressly set out in this EULA or as permitted by any local law, you agree:
- not to copy the App, the Services or Documents except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the App, the Services or the Documents, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to rent, lease, sub-licence, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the App, the Services or Documents;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the App or the Services, or permit the App or the Services or any part of them to be combined with, or be incorporated into, any other programs;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (in the UK by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving interoperability of the App with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is used only for the purpose of achieving interoperability of the App or the Services with another software program;
- is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and
- is not used to create any software which is substantially similar to the App or the Services;
- not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us;
- to comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service; and
- not to use the App in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including any power generation systems; aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems or any other transport management systems; safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications or any police, fire or other safety response systems; and military or aerospace applications, weapons systems or environments,
together, the “Licence Restrictions”.
- Acceptable Use Restrictions
- not use the App, Documents or any Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this EULA or the restrictions set out in our FAQs, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the App, any Services or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App, Documents or any Services, including the submission of any material to the extent that such use is not licensed by this EULA;
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App, Documents or any Services;
- not transmit any material that is of a religious, ideological or political nature in relation to your use of the App, Documents or any Services;
- not use the App, Documents or any Services in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Services or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Services.
together, the “Acceptable Use Restrictions”.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge and agree that the App, Documents and Services are provided to you under licence, and are not sold to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the App, the Documents or the Services under this EULA, nor any other rights other than to use the App, Documents and the Services in accordance with the licence granted, and subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions, under this EULA.
- You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights in the App, the Documents and the Services anywhere in the world belong to us or our licensors, that rights in the App, Documents and Services are licensed to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the App, the Documents or the Services other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of this EULA.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the App in source-code form.
- Limitation Of Liability
- You acknowledge that the App and the Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements, and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the App and the Services, as described in the Documents meet your requirements.
- We supply the App, the Services and Documents for domestic, private and business use. You agree not to use the App, the Services and Documents for resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- In no event will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or the use of the App, Documents and/or Services or related websites or any information contained in them, including loss of profit and the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such losses or damages.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless OLIO and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of any kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the App, Documents and/or the Services or your breach of this EULA. Furthermore, you agree that OLIO assumes no responsibility for the content you submit or make available through the App.
- Subject to clause 6.7 and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will we or any of our respective licensors or service providers, have any liability arising from or related to your use of or inability to use the App, the Documents, and/or the Content and Services for:
- personal injury, property damage, lost profits, cost of substitute goods or services, loss of data, loss of goodwill, business interruption, computer failure or malfunction or any other consequential, incidental, indirect, or special losses or damages; and
- direct damages in amounts that in the aggregate exceed the amount actually paid by you for the App or your subscription to the App.
- The foregoing limitations will apply whether such losses or damages arise out of breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise and regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable or we were advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow certain limitations of liability, so some or all of the above limitations of liability may not apply to you. For example, nothing in this EULA shall limit or exclude our liability to users in the UK for:
- death or personal injury resulting from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- We may terminate this EULA immediately:
- if you commit a material or persistent breach of this EULA;
- if you breach any of the Licence Restrictions or the Acceptable Use Restrictions; and/or
- if you breach any of the provisions in the Terms and Conditions.
- On termination for any reason:
- all rights granted to you under this EULA shall cease;
- you must immediately cease all activities authorised by this EULA, including your use of the App, the Documents and any Services;
- you must immediately delete or remove the App from all Devices, and immediately destroy all copies of the App and Documents then in your possession, custody or control; and
- all restrictions imposed on you by this EULA and the limitations of liability set out in this EULA will survive termination.
- We may terminate this EULA immediately:
- Communication Between Us
- If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any condition in this EULA requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us at 157A Nelson Road, London, England, N8 9RR or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us.
- Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this EULA that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including failure of public or private telecommunications networks (“Event Outside Our Control”).
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this EULA:
- our obligations under this EULA will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control; and
- we will use our reasonable endeavours to find a solution by which our obligations under this EULA may be performed despite the Event Outside Our Control.
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this EULA to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under this EULA.
- You may only transfer your rights or obligations under this EULA to another person if we agree in writing.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under this EULA, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and it will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Each of the conditions of this EULA operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- Geographic Restrictions. The Content and Services are based in the United Kingdom and provided for access and use by anyone subject to local laws and restrictions. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United Kingdom and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Please note that this EULA, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If any dispute arises in connection with this agreement, the parties will attempt to settle it by correspondence and for business users by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties within 14 days of notice of the dispute, the mediator will be nominated by CEDR.
- The mediation will take place in London, England and the language of the mediation will be English. The Mediation Agreement referred to in the Model Procedure shall be governed by, and construed and take effect in accordance with, the substantive law of England and Wales. If the dispute is not settled by mediation within 14 days of commencement of the mediation or within such further period as the parties may agree in writing, the dispute shall be referred to the courts of England and Wales.
- This EULA has been entered into on the date of download of or access to the App.
- Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this EULA and any other terms, the terms of this EULA shall take precedence.
- Disclaimer of warranties. The App, the Documents and the Services are provided to the End-User “as is” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. The Company on its own behalf and on behalf of its affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the App, the Documents and the Services including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of the course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, the Licensor provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the App, the Documents and the Services will meet your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of or limitations on implied warranties or the limitations on the applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
- Terms applicable in the United States of America
- The following terms apply in addition to those set out above for users in the United States of America.
- The App may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the App to, or make the App accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings including obtaining any necessary export licence or other governmental approval, prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the App available outside the US.
- US Government Rights. The App is a commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the US Government or any contractor thereof, you receive only those rights with respect to the App as are granted to all other end users under licence, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.