We exist to fight waste and empower communities to come together and take a stand for the planet
We’ve made huge progress since Olio began in 2015
Olio-ers around the world
Volunteers rescuing unsold food from local businesses
Ambassadors spreading the word
Portions of food shared
Household items shared
Tonnes of CO2 emissions avoided*
Litres of water saved
Car miles saved
Of Olio-ers have made new friends through sharing
Of Olio-ers say sharing has improved their mental health
Of Olio-ers say Olio has improved their financial wellbeing
* This figure was calculated for both upstream and downstream diverted emissions using our impact methodology, assuming 1 item shared results in 1 item not produced and not accounting for leakage or rebound effects.
Olio is a carbon negative company
Olio is already a carbon negative company because we divert far more greenhouse gas emissions than we produce. In fact, the carbon emissions we create as a business is offset by only 4% of all the carbon we’re saving as a result of our waste busting activities.
Nonetheless, we’re committed to ongoing measurement of our carbon footprint and reducing it where we can, to help keep global warming below 1.5°C – the critical level of heating to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
The commitments we’re making
As part of our Carbon Negative commitment, we will:
- Measure all our global organisation’s emissions, including scope 3, and report them to our Board, clients and investors.
- Publish more details about how we are already beating net zero and interim targets to reduce our emissions yet further.
- Continue to be a Carbon Negative business through our core work to reduce food waste.
- Appoint a member of our Senior Leadership Team to be responsible and accountable for our carbon emissions targets.
- Communicate our climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to our customers.
- Report our progress to our Board annually, and on our website.